Friday, June 13, 2014

The boat is shaping the fuel tanks had diesel dialysis. Clean fuel is a good thing. The rig has been inspected and tuned and new windex installed. The inline water filter to the galley sink is installed. (lets us safely drink from the storage tanks if we need to), the engine will be serviced and new alternator in place on Friday. The macerator and new waste hoses will be installed next week. The solar panels will be in place on the bimini and wired to the batteries. We are awaiting dinghy davits and radar pole and then the big items will ticked off the list.
The organization of these projects has fallen to Bob, while I have been organizing the house for hibernation. Furnace maintenance, car maintenance (to sit idle for weeks at a time) and chimney inspection and cleaning. The chimney inspection/colonoscopy was disturbing. Chunks of mortar missing. Can we get the repair work done before the end of August so winter visitors can use the fireplace? Stay tuned.
In the meantime I am organizing the boat galley (from home because I won't actually get the galley and living space chores started until all the workmen are gone and it's cleaned up) I tend to bring too much stuff, trying to cover all contingencies. Too many spices, to many clothes, too many books etc.
This year I am trying to be more realistic of what we may actually use because we have so much less storage than we did on Lunea. The weeks long shake-down cruise this summer should reveal how successful I was. If I didn't use it I'll remove it from the boat. Like my dear partner says "You know Lauren, they do have stores in Georgia and Florida." Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment